Wednesday 26 November 2014

Day 16 - Eventful travels home

Hi there and welcome to the day I finally got to go home!

I was packed and ready to go by 11am this morning. My mum arrived at about 11.30am and being the gorgeous daughter I am, I made her a coffee. 


We then went off for some shopping but headed straight to the food court for some lunch. After wandering past every possible option, we decided on some stuffed baked potatoes... mmmm...

As we lined up to order, an alarm sounded. 

*EMERGENCY! PLEASE EVACUATE*

My initial reaction was, "aw what?! But I'm hungry and I want a baked potato..."

But we listened to the advice of the big loud alarm and went outside the shopping centre to get wok in a box instead... Which was delish!

After all the chaos subsided from what we assumed was a kitchen fire, we went back in to get some essential shopping done for my little sister's primary school graduation.

In the meantime, the weather was WILD! It was 34 degrees with lightening, rain and apparently hail. Up north in a town called Eneabba, near my hometown, the lightening was particularly bad with a number of fires erupting around the area. 

And as it turns out, my siblings were doing swimming lessons at Eneabba at the time! But everyone is safe and the school and some residents were evacuated. I hope everyone is and remains safe and sound!

But eventually I got home to the most gorgeous little puppies! Making our eventful day all worth it! Oh and my family... Hahah love you guys.

So happy to be home!

kisses, ebb xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment