Tuesday 11 November 2014

Day 1 - Just another day

Hi there and welcome to just another day.


Today I have a had a pretty standard day, nothing fabulous but nothing terrible.



Firstly, my breaky was two wheet-bix with skim milk and peaches topped with sugar. It is my favourite breakfast at the moment just because it is quick, easy, cheap and yummy! And I also had a cup of tea because it's impossible to start the day without one... It is possible that I am addicted...

I then strolled to uni to do some study at the library. I was not even two steps out the door and this little tweety bird ATTACKED my hair! It has happened twice this week! It is so small but so persistent! I am convinced my hair just look like a birds nest and it must think that I am stealing its babies on my head... Anyway, that was an intense start to my day.

Once I got to the library in one piece, I did a few hours of study in preparation for my upcoming exams. I have 3 exams: evidence informed health practice, business law and foundations of psychology. I am not too stressed about them which I think is really important. I know that this time of year provokes a lot of anxiety, stress and frustration for students so here is...

Eb's top study tips:
1. time management is crucial - like CRUCIAL! Tailor your studying schedule into your daily routine in a way that suits you. Don't leave study too late but also not too early before an exam or all your hard work will no longer be fresh in your mind!
2. find your personal study style - I need almost silence when I study and I am a writter-downer, so I rewrite my notes over and over until it's stuck in my head! But this is different for everyone! I find it important to stick to a similar study environment so the brain begins to associate your surroundings with revising/study (it's true!)
3. maintain balance - it is easy to become either way to consumed by study or no motivation to study at all. Maintaing a healthy balance of lazy time, social time, study time and exercise time can decrease the level of anxiety and stress you experience when preparing for exams.

In the afternoon it was time for some yoga. Being on a student budget, I don't even have a yoga mat, which are usually quite expensive... I do my yoga workouts on my carpet mat and it does the trick!

I use the Pocket Yoga app by Rainfrog for $3.79. I love it! 

I am still a total "yoga rookie" but I really enjoy it and feel so great afterwards. My current favourite yoga pose is the reverse warrior which looks a little like this:
          


It strengthens the lower half of your body while stretching your back, waist and shoulders. Have a try of holding it 10 seconds either side alternating stance and arms. Feels so great!

Anyway, this was my not-very-exciting day... Comment on this post with your favourite breakfast meal, study suggestions or yoga tips!

Hope you had a great day!

kisses, ebb xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment