Saturday 22 November 2014

Day 12 - I was having a productive day until...

Hi there and welcome to my productive day that quickly turned into my first ever international football game experience!


So today was a house keeping day for me (to begin with).

I was in desperate need for groceries and with only 4 days left in Perth, it seems pointless to buy lots! So my final food supply is:
  • Milk
  • Tea
  • 3 x Bananas
  • Salt and vingar shapes
  • Fish fingers
  • Alfredo pasta
My student food survival pack: $12.89

So there I was... Doing washing, cleaning dishes, tidying up, doing groceries and getting study done...

When all of a sudden my friend, Sarah, rings and offers me a ticket to go to Australia versus Ireland International Rules Football game!

Sarah: "So what are you doing right now?"
Me: "Studying and watching Big Brother."
Sarah: "Do you want to be studying?"
Me: "I probably should be but I don't really want to..."
Sarah: "Well I have a spare ticket to the footy tonight..."
Me: "YEP!"

International rules follow the rules of gaelic football which both Sarah and I were extremely unfamiliar with... But we definitely got used to it more as the game went on. I actually really enjoyed watching this kind of football!

The atmosphere was really amazing! A lot more Irish people than I thought there would be, which explained the super massive lines to the bar... Haha just kidding, I love you Ireland!

An enthusiastic group of guys in the crowd to our right started a HUGE Mexican wave, like the biggest I have ever seen. MASSIVE! It circled the stadium at least six times before security stopped it because people were throwing cups and beer and all sorts of things in the air... I wouldn't want to be the one to clean that up afterwards... Take a look at the video!




So yeah, I ended up having a fabulous day so, THANK YOU SARAH! Now I really need to get my butt into gear and get prepared for these exams... They're very close now and I am getting more and more nervous...

Oh well! They have to be done I guess! Hope you guys had a good day.

kisses, ebb xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment